We have implemented a new email signature process that automatically generates user signatures based on information in our HR system. These signatures will be applied automatically to any email sent from your YMCA email address, regardless of device (laptop, desktop, mobile phone, tablet, etc.).
Please follow these steps to remove your existing email signature to avoid having multiple signatures appear on email messages.
Remove Signature from Outlook Web
1. If you access your email primarily through the Outlook Web App (OWA), navigate to https://outlook.office365.com and login
2. Once you are logged in, click on the Gear icon in the top right corner next to your name
3. In the Search all settings bar, type in Email Signature, click on the link for Email Signature
4. Make sure both check boxes are blank and click OK.
Remove Signature from iPhone mail app
If you have Outlook on your Apple iPhone, please follow the below instructions for removing the signature. This will work with the built in Apple Mail app
1. Tap on the settings app
2. Tap on Mail, Contacts, Calendars
3. Scroll down and then tap on Signature
4. Tap Clear or select the text and delete it manually
Remove Signature from YMCA-Issued Desktop/Laptop
If you have a YMCA issued laptop or use a YMCA issued desktop with your own login, then you will need to modify your signature from the Outlook Desktop Application. There are 4 versions currently being used across the association, 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016. Your version will determine what steps you should follow below. To check, click the Help tab at the top and select About Microsoft Office Outlook.
Remove Signature from Outlook 2007 Desktop Version
1. Start Microsoft Outlook 2007, choose the Tools menu and click Options to open the Options dialog box
2. Choose the Mail Format tab at the top of the Options dialog box to display the mail formatting options for Microsoft Outlook.
3. Use the Signatures button in the Signatures section of the Options dialog box. The Signatures and Stationery dialog box will open onto the screen.
4. Select the signature you want to delete from the Select signature to edit The signature will be highlighted in a dark gray once it is selected.
5. Click the Delete button beneath the Select signature to edit A dialog box will open asking you to confirm if you want to delete the selected signature, click Yes
Remove Signature from Outlook 2010 Desktop Version
1. Click File, then click Options in the left-hand menu.
2. Select Mail from the list of options, then click Signatures.
3. Select the signature you want to delete from the Select signature to edit The signature will be highlighted in a dark gray once it is selected.
4. Click the Delete button beneath the Select signature to edit A dialog box will open asking you to confirm if you want to delete the selected signature, click Yes
Remove Signature from Outlook 2013 & 2016 Desktop version
1. Click New Email at the left side of the ribbon.
2. Click the Signature drop-down in the Include section of the ribbon, then click Signatures
3. Click the signature that you want to delete from the options at the top-left of the window, then click the Delete
4. Click the Yes button on the pop-up window to confirm that you wish to remove the signature from Outlook.