- Enjoying the warm summer is always nice, but it’s great to keep our brains active as well. http://www.educationworld.com/a_curr/profdev073.shtml #SummerLearning
- Parents, The Y encourages kids to continue learning during the summer break. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV-_rQpeL3w
- Today is National Summer Learning Day! Show us what your kids are learning this summer. #SummerLearning.
- Want your kids to avoid the summer slide? Here are a few tips on keeping your kids learning through the summer. http://www.scholastic.com/parents/resources/article/developing-reading-skills/three-ways-to-prevent-summer-slide
- Taking the summer off is a nice break, but you would be at risk of summer learning loss. Here are some facts about summer learning loss. http://hallr.com/15-critical-facts-summer-learning-loss/
Additional Resources and Information
- Summer learning activities for kids. https://thrivinghomeblog.com/2017/05/20-excellent-summer-learning-activities-for-elementary-aged-kids/
- Facts about the summer slide. https://www.idtech.com/blog/summer-slide-facts-for-productive-school-break/