December Social Media Topic: Healthy Holiday Season.
- Happy Holidays from the staff of the YMCA. #SafeTravels and have a blessed season with family and loved ones.
- During this holiday season, it can be one of the most enjoyable times of the year, but also busy. Here are a few tips for this season. https://www.smartertravel.com/2017/06/19/10-tips-holiday-travel/
- Need a quick holiday workout? Check out this site: https://www.runtastic.com/blog/en/holiday-workout-ideas/
- Trying to figure out a workout plan during the busy holiday season? Check out these steps and ideas on how to create a workout plan. https://www.mensjournal.com/health-fitness/your-no-time-holiday-workout-plan/. https://www.mensjournal.com/health-fitness/3-quick-and-easy-holiday-workout-ideas/
- During the holiday season, we all tend to eat a lot, here are a few tips on eating mindful. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/HealthyLiving/HealthyEating/Nutrition/This-Holiday-Season-Eat-Mindful-Not-Mindless_UCM_447030_Article.jsp#.WyvUvqdKjcs
- It’s flu season. Remember to wash your hands under clean water for a least 20 seconds to prevent the spread of germs. #fluseason
- You and your friend can help push each other, whether it be getting faster running times, or spotting heavier weights at the gym. #HolidayWorkout
- Going to bed early will give you plenty of room to fit that morning workout routine. #HolidayRest
- If you need a blast of movement, write down your 5 favorite exercises and do all of them for 30 seconds each. #HolidayWorkout
- It's the holiday season. Take some time off and let your body rest. You'll come back stronger and more determined. #HolidayRest
Additional Resources and Information:
- 3 tips for exercising. http://time.com/4583238/exercise-motivation-during-holidays/
- 10 tips to working out during the holidays. https://recipes.howstuffworks.com/menus/10-ways-to-workout-during-holidays4.htm
- 31 tips to stay fit. https://www.beachbodyondemand.com/blog/tips-to-get-fit-this-holiday-season