January Social Media Topic: New Year’s Resolutions
- It doesn’t have to be New Year’s to make a change. Tackle a new resolution on any old Monday.
- Overwhelmed thinking about New Year’s resolutions? Break them into smaller, more manageable goals and you’ll be more successful throughout the year.
- Healthy New Year's Resolution Tip: Making a New Year's resolution doesn't require you to reassess every little detail of your life. Replacing unhealthy behaviors with healthy ones takes time, so don't become discouraged or overwhelmed. Work to change one behavior at a time rather than many behaviors at once.
- Usually hit the weights but looking for a new workout? How about swimming some laps! Normally work out by yourself? Come check out a group exercise class! Adding a little variety to your routine can help keep you motivated and energized.
- Healthy New Year's Resolution Tip: It's easier to stick to your resolutions if you have someone working toward similar goals. Team up with a family member, friend, coworker or workout buddy and establish a game plan that is dedicated to achieving your goals.
Additional Resources and Information
- New Year’s Resolution tips from the American Psychological Association (APA)
- Winter Membership: Download social media post content/images for the Winter Membership Campaign (Google Drive)