May Social Media Topic: National Water Safety Month
- May is National Water Safety Month. Teaching children how to swim and be safe around water is one of the most important life skills parents can help their children learn. It not only saves lives; it builds confidence.
- Did you know participation in formal swim lessons can reduce the likelihood of childhood drowning death by 88%? #WaterSafetyMonth
- Learning to swim means much more than learning strokes; it is learning water survival skills, water safety, and developing comfort in the water. #WaterSafetyMonth
- May is #WaterSafetyMonth. Check out some water safety tips: http://www.nationalwatersafetymonth.org/water-safety-tips
- Practice fun & safety at the pool. Learn some easy tips: http://www.nationalwatersafetymonth.org/water-safety-tips #WaterSafetyMonth
Additional Resources and Information
- Download water safety images to use in posts and share.
- Learn more about National Water Safety Month: http://www.nationalwatersafetymonth.org/
- Get more water safety information from Water Safety USA: http://www.watersafetyusa.org/
- Water Safety Tips from the Red Cross: http://www.redcross.org/get-help/how-to-prepare-for-emergencies/types-of-emergencies/water-safety
- Learn more about the YMCA’s Safety Around Water Program: http://www.ymca.net/watersafety/