February Social Media Topic: Heart Month
- Get heart healthy during #HeartMonth! Lifestyle changes such as reducing sodium intake, eating healthy and increasing physical activity can help prevent heart disease.
- #HeartMonth Tip: Being physically active every day is fun and can improve the function of your heart. Come to the Y to try a new group ex class, work with a trainer, shoot some hoops, or go for a swim!
- 1 in 3 adults in the United States has high blood pressure. But high blood pressure control is within reach. Here are some ways you can manage high blood pressure and protect your #heart. https://www.cdc.gov/bloodpressure/manage.htm #HeartMonth
- #HeartMonth Tip: According to the CDC, lowering or maintaining normal blood pressure can greatly reduce your risk for heart disease and stroke.
- February is all about the #heart with special events like #ValentinesDay, #HeartMonth, and National #MakeAFriendDay. What's not to love? Here's something else to make your heart beat faster: February 10 to February 23, pay NO JOIN FEE!
- Being physically active every day is fun and can improve the function of your heart. Come to the Y to try a new group ex class, work with a trainer, shoot some hoops, or go for a swim! Not a member? There's still time to take advantage of our no join fee offer to save up to $80 on a membership! https://www.ymcalouisville.org/join-the-y.html
Additional Resources and Information
- American Heart Month Resources from the CDC
- Heart Health Tips from the CDC
- Get Involved with Heart Month – National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI)
- Download Y USA Heart Month Social Media Content (Google Drive)
- Download social media post content/images for the February Exercise Your Heart Membership Campaign (Google Drive)